For the compliance of “Personal Information Protection Act” (the “Act”), Taiwan Academy of Banking
and Finance (the “Academy”) provides the following items of “Notice of Collecting, Processing and
Using Personal Information” in accordance with Article 8 and Article 9 of the Act, please read the following
1.Name of Organization:
Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance
2.Purposes of Collecting Personal Information:
The Academy collects your personal information for the purposes of conducting research, education and
training, conducting examination (either for the Academy itself or for other third parties), publishing
books and other legally permissible business and its relevant activities.
3.Sources of Personal Information:
Apart from collecting directly, your personal information is collected from the Academy’s student
database and the referrals from outside experts.
4.Classification of Personal Information:
Types of your personal information collected by the Academy are: Basic information and Professional
(1) Basic information:
- Categories of personal information include personal identification, financial identification,
identification for government information, personal characteristics and etc., details of which include:
name, Taiwan, R.O.C. identification card number and other personal identification card
number, date of birth, contacting information, employer, title, account number and etc.
(2) Professional skills information:
- Categories of personal information include occupation, experience, writings, lecturing records,
qualification and skills, professional specialty and etc.
5.Use of Personal Information:
(1) Period of using personal information:
- Unless otherwise provided by law for the prescribed period of retaining personal information, the
period of using personal information is the period necessary for the completion of the activities
under the above-mentioned collecting purposes and the period necessary for the Academy to perform
(2) Areas of using personal information:
- Taiwan (including areas such as Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu) and non-Taiwan regions that are
authorized by you to process and use your personal information.
(3) Entities of using personal information:
- Apart from used by the Academy, other entities include the necessary collaborating partners for
conducting the relevant activities under the above-mentioned collecting purposes and the
supervisory government authorities.
(4) Methods of using personal information:
- Any legal and reasonable methods for the completion of the activities under the above-mentioned
6.You should ensure that the provided personal information is true and complete. If there are any errors or
any correction is required to be made, you should provide relevant documentary evidence and submit it to
the Academy for correction. If you cannot provide complete and correct the said personal information in
time, you may not successfully participate every research, training and education, examination either held
for Academy itself or other third parties, publish books and any other legally permissible business and its
relevant activities conducted by the Academy. It may also lead to the unableness to contact you in
emergency cases, pay salary and send notification documents and etc. therefore may affect your interests
and benefits thereafter
You may make inquiry or request to review, make duplications, supplement or correct, demand suspension
on collecting, processing or using, or demand the deletion, with respect to your personal information
through contacting the Academy by the following contacting methods. You agree to use electronic
document as the method for the written agreement as prescribed by the Personal Information Protection
Act or other law and regulations.
(1) Telephone: (02)3365-3666
(2) Fax: Telephone: (02)2363-8968
(3) Website: http://www.tabf.org.tw/Tabf/Default.aspx
The Academy will adopt appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being stolen,
altered, damaged, destroyed or disclosed.